With over 100 collective years of experience with many of leaders in the industry, our telecom consultants commission your system ‘right first time’ and ensure it functions fully in your network environment. We are an Oracle Gold partner, certified with advanced Acme Packet training to support and integrate your Oracle Communications solution into your network feeding back to your OSS/BSS.
Our roots are Network Test and Monitoring Systems, so we do pre-assessment of your LAN and its suitability for VoIP, benchmark speech quality before and after installation and set you on the road to the best quality and customer experience and the most cost-efficient support operation for your voice, video and UC services.
Session Border Controller Deployment
Comprises set up of
- Basic SBC set up.
- Header Manipulation Rules.
- Advanced Call Routing.
- Phone number/ UA normalization.
- Protocol interworking eg. H.323 to SIP or SIP/UDP v SIP/TCP eg with Lync.
- High-availability & testing.
- QoS Measurement set up with reporting tools.
- Signaling Encryption (TLS).
- Media Encryption (SRTP or IPSec).
- Codec Transcoding.
- Load Balancing.
- Interoperability with specific Carrier SIP trunking implementations.
- Accounting & detailed call records for storage in RADIUS database or file systems.
- Transcoding with PESQ/MOS measurements, comparison and trade-off.
SBC configuration, Documentation, testing and turnover of solution to customer and technical support mechanism.
Training Learning Objectives
- SBC Troubleshooting.
- Allow the customer to sectionalize a problem: Carrier failure, SBC failure, or Lync failure.
- Adding another carrier or “endpoint” to the Acme SBC environment.
- Assistance to customer with implementing Acme Enterprise MIBS into their existing SNMP manager, (solar winds, HP open view or other NMS).
- How to see active calls, memory use, CPU use and system health.
- Implement CDR streaming from SBC to customer’s CDR repository.
- Correlation of SBC records with Carrier billing.
- Basic overview of SIP telephone calls and SBC Deployment and operations.