VoIP Monitoring in Real-Time
VoIP and UC monitoring is made easy with Oracle Enterprise Operations Monitor (Oracle EOM) formerly Palladion. It enables enterprises to efficiently and securely deploy IP networks, reduce operational costs, increase user satisfaction, and prevent voice fraud. Oracle EOM is the industry’s premier real-time VoIP monitoring tool for assessing VoIP issues with any vendors UC system. It is low cost and it reduces your costs for service assurance with a typical ROI of 3–4 months.
SIP monitoring should not be CDR dependent. Teraquant provides network TAPs and Probes, needed to remove CRD dependencies and ensures that EOM works in-cloud or on-premise with any vendors IP PBX and UC System running on VoIP networks using TDM or VoIP technology.
No one does more, than Teraquant, when it comes to utilizing the information EOM enables. Teraquant supports EOM real-time monitoring even when it is used with Encrypted VoIP. Teraquant uses EOM real-time monitoring to trigger AI for Fraud Protection. We integrate Oracle EOM information into advanced Big Data Analytics and add a powerful Reporting Engine to create advanced business and IT reports. The advanced reports can be scheduled for distribution and can be seen even without access to EOM.Teraquant also offers advance troubleshooting services and training and we have professional services that utilize EOM.
- VoIP/UC Service Assurance
- Proactive Monitoring
- Machine Learning
- Fraud Protection
- KPI and SLA Reporting
- VoIP Encryption/Decryption
Oracle EOM VoIP Monitor utilizes probes connected to your specific network infrastructure so it can collect packet information in real-time between any set of devices on the network. It is not reliant on Call Detail Records (CDRs) or logs from devices on your network. Teraquant can add in any needed Packet Brokers and TAPs or we can use existing SPAN Ports for probe installation.
Teraquant installs the Oracle EOM system and adds in an exact-fit rollout of user and admin training that includes focused report building and best practices trouble shooting. We also offer standard and custom integrations including Big Data Analytics. We can even use EOM to create smart networks that utilize the real-time data to proactively solve issues and/or to automate specific interactions with E-SBC and ECB.
- EOM Mediation Engine Connector (MEC) setup.
- EOM Mediation Engine (ME) setup.
- Recommend and assist with VM or Bare Metal installation.
- Identify and recommend KPIs.
- EOM (Probe) setup.
- Define the hardware needs.
- Determine how many Probes are needed, and where they should be deployed.
- Define TAPs or Span-Port implementation.
Key Functions and Features
EOM VoIP Monitor helps network operators improve their productivity and efficiency by providing a high-level overview of what is actually happening in the network in real time with drill-down capability for rapid troubleshooting. Some of the key features include:
- End-to-end call correlation and analytics in real time.
- Segmentation of the network path for fast and accurate problem localization.
- On-demand troubleshooting down to the individual employee, agent, or customer level.
- Media quality analysis, including R-value scores and mean opinion scores (MOSs).
- Unparalleled insight and analysis of signaling messages.
- Real-time scoring and alerting to VoIP fraud issues.
- Software embedded in Oracle E-SBCs and ECB eliminates the need to place additional monitoring equipment in the network.
- Intuitive and simple graphical user interface (GUI).
EOM is a passive service assurance suite that enables proactive monitoring, rapid troubleshooting, and an array of reporting options. Some of the key functions include:
- Captures traffic from VoIP and UC networks.
- Collects raw messages from probes and correlates these messages into end-to-end call message flows.
- Calculates 200 out-of-the-box, custom key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Renders gathered data to a web interface and makes it available to external applications via the REST API.
- Enables fast root cause analysis with intuitive drill-down capabilities to a per-message view.
Proactive VoIP Monitoring
EOM VoIP Monitor analyzes the received traffic and triggers alerts when thresholds are exceeded. It detects and generates alerts for network abuse, fraud, spam over internet telephony, and denial of service attacks. EOM has a powerful REST API so it can connect multiple applications and it can be integrate with existing applications. It offers a web interface that is easy to use for nontechnical staff and that includes multiple fault and trend views to help identify potential service quality degradations in a VoIP network. For example, voice quality status is reflected in the colors used by EOM to display charts, which appear green or red based on the values of MOS, R-factor, packet loss, burst loss, and jitter.
Troubleshooting and Visibility
EOM VoIP Monitor identifies each leg of a session in real time. This feature is essential for troubleshooting and for providing deep device visibility and accurate statistics. EOM is unique in being able to correlate all call legs, covering all vendor implementations . Analysis contains ALL protocol information, including the following:
- Call status.
- Call duration.
- Codec used.
- Call audio quality.
VoIP Monitor Integration and Reporting
EOM offers a collection of tools and services that simplify integration and interoperability with a range of network management system, business intelligence, and customer relationship management applications. A scripting API enables local access to all the data gathered by EOM using Python for stateful detailed parsing, and a REST API enables external applications to access EOM data. For example, an external application can gather custom data such as the list of users registered from a phone with special firmware, successful call rate, or number of users with more than two contacts. The resulting information can be used to build valuable statistics. EOM also supports SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) for generating alerts to third-party applications. This integration flexibility makes EOM future-proof for growing networks.
VoIP Monitor Probes
EOM Probes collect and analyze data feeds from the network. Probes are deployed across the infrastructure to produce a network-wide view of performance and analyze trends. Probes serve two primary functions:
- Collect packet captures of signaling messages (SIP, ISDN User Part, and so on) and forward them to the EOM Mediation Engine for correlation and analysis.
- Collect and analyze local RTP media streams and send the results to the Mediation Engine for correlation with relevant signaling information.
EOM Probes are available in two form factors:
- Software that can be loaded on COTS Linux servers. (EOM Probe software is offered at no additional cost; servers must be procured independently).
- Probes that are embedded into Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controllers and Oracle Enterprise Communications Broker.
This form factor enables network operators to optimize their IP communications networks while reducing network cost and complexity. The embedded probes leverage Oracle encryption technologies to gain visibility of network traffic.
VoIP Monitor Mediation Engine
The EOM Mediation Engine receives signaling and RTP stream metadata from the Probes and performs further processing, call correlation, and database functions. The Mediation Engine and Probes can be connected through secure channels for secure data transactions. The Mediation Engine performs massive processing and correlation of a wide range of messages to produce a network-wide view of all calls in real time. The EOM Communications Operations Monitor renders the correlation, KPIs, and metrics, and an intuitive GUI simplifies analysis and troubleshooting operations.
Unique Value Enhancing EOM, from Teraquant
Teraquant increases the value derived from EOM by adding unique features and functionality only available from Teraquant. We offer standard and customized training and integration to optimize your EOM investment. We ensure the best possible ROI. We assist you to ensure that you correctly size your traffic volumes dedicated servers and virtual platforms. We provide training on VoIP troubleshooting techniques and we extend EOM into your Help Desk or Customer Service Agents to achieve the greatest benefit from your EOM investment throughout your enterprise. For example Teraquant’s Nemo reporting platform provides scheduled reports to executives with a single page or graph customized to your specific requirements giving visibility on the performance of your UC/voice services.
Teraquant offers VoIP decrypt so encrypted voice can be monitored with EOM. Detection of a range of fraud events is an Oracle option for EOM. Teraquant enhances EOM so it not only monitors to detect fraudsters that are scanning your network for vulnerabilities, we also feedback the real-time knowledge gained into your Session Border Controllers (SBC’s). This creates a smart network using machine learning to prevent fraudulent calls by utilizing Teraquant AI.
Training on VoIP/UC Troubleshooting Techniques
EOM is inherently easy to use. Using the tool to find problem calls is a two minute job. But to record training is distinct in that it teaches troubleshooting techniques. Teraquant training shows you:
- How to find dropped calls.
- One-way audio.
- Calls with poor voice quality.
- Failed calls.
- Comprehensive KPI’s and how to set them up in EOM.
Deep Dive on Voice Quality
Teraquant Perceptual Voice Quality and Intelligibility Practice works with leading technology companies in voice and video technology such as QUALCOMM, Comcast , Cisco and government research labs to perfect and interpret industry-standard algorithms for measuring speech quality.
When tracking down difficult speech quality problems, whether you suspect the endpoints – eg: computer softphones devices or your network itself – Teraquant can add end-to-end active testing of audio (PESQ/POLQA/MOS) node by node and combine this with EOM passive monitoring and analysis for fast and complete troubleshooting that quickly isolates the root-cause of your issue.
Teraquant Distinct EOM Technical Support
with Anytime Free Advice.
Teraquant’s distinct technical support is personal and will help you get the best out of EOM. We help you overcome any problem within the capabilities of the EOM software product. It includes but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting EOM software on your hardware in your network environment.
- Troubleshooting to isolate root-cause of an issue in a multi-vendor environment.
- Technical support specifically on your problem.
- Live web conferences to spend time troubleshooting your problem with your people.
- Training all members of your staff on Best Practices and Service Assurance.
- We give you a voice into the Oracle Communications development team and can help prioritize issues and Requests for Enhancements (RFE).
- Implementation integration of EOM into your OSS/BSS using the RESTful and other APIs.
- Discussion of add-ons and engineering of enhancements to EOM by Teraquant where it is required for your network. e.g. GUI ADD-ONS and Special Reports.
- We ensure that the correct hardware is selected for your specific traffic volumes.